The Maison D'Amis
- The Maison D’Amis is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the beautiful Charente countryside. The house looks onto a sunny east facing terrace with the original stone bread oven, a perfect place to enjoy a breakfast of fresh croissants from the local bakery.
- From the terrace, walk into the large kitchen/diner, fully equipped with fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. The table seats 6 comfortably, and there is plenty of space to wine and dine.
- Walking through the kitchen, to the rear of the Maison D'Amis, you come to another private terrace area. Enjoy a barbeque or a glass or two of wine under the amazing night skies.
- From the kitchen take the wooden stairs to the first floor to a twin bed room and a double bedroom, both airy and bright and stylishly decorated, each with 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen. Cots with linen are available on request. There is also everything you may need for a baby/youngsters stay here at Les Chauvins; changing mats, potties, stair-gates etc. In this part of the cottage there is also a family bathroom.
- Follow the steps down into the cosy, comfortable, sitting room, a peaceful place for those wishing to escape the heat of the day, to relax and unwind. The room has a traditional Charentaise fireplace with wood burning stove, oak beams, a 37” flat screen T.V. a DVD player, with a comprehensive DVD collection suitable for all ages and an MP3 player. If you prefer, dip into our large collection of books, or spend a while playing one of the board games. Scrabble anyone?
- Off the sitting room, through the original oak door you will find the third double bedroom, with its beautiful antique mahogany bed and wardrobe the room exudes vintage French chic. The bedroom has an ensuite shower room